Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PR: mov'n on up!

Well, I can't say that I'm not surprised by the obvious wisdom in choosing Sonia Sotomayor as a Supreme Court Judge nominee.

She'll be able to bring balance to all the racial imbalance that plagues illegal immigrants, mostly brought on by the evil white race.

If this isn't obvious sarcasm, I don't know what is! But, honestly, it isn't a big surprise that Obama is more interested in making another PR move, instead of picking the best person for the job.

First off though, I have no problem with a latina judge, etc., I just have a problem with just making things color coordinated, just because. I think that this should be a color blind decision. Hire the best people for the job. If they so happen to all be hispanic, or black, or chinese, or whatever, then that is what we need.

But, let's not just hire or nominate certain people to make our nation "appear" to be more tolerable, or to earn more target votes for the democratic party.

Once again, I am not trying to come off as racist in any way, in fact I abhor racism, but I abhor PR politics even more. We need to stop worrying about making things "even", and we need to focus on who is the best person for a certain job.

Call me crazy, but I just wish that our President would stop acting like he is trying to win votes for American Idol, and be Mr. Popular, and start making the hard decisions that our country so desperately needs right now! Geesh!

No comments: