Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Song of the Day"

Well, to mix it up a little, I thought that I would post the lyrics to a song that I really like. The song describes a person who feels like the odd man out in church. However, this song hits home with me when it comes to my work, haha.
Just ask my wife, I tend to take music that I like and apply it to situations that I find myself in. It's oddly therapeutic in a sense. I guess I'm just some sort of music nerd at heart. Anyway, the song is called Dearly Beloved, by Bad Religion. Enjoy:

Here's a story of an honest man losing religion,
Climbing the pulpit steps before an eager congregation,
The while praying came a wicked inspiration,
Brothers, sisters this is what he said:

Dearly beloved, dearly beloved, dearly beloved,
I can't relate to you, I can't relate to you!

He was the kind of guy who'd always go right out of his way,
But more before that crazy notion leapt right into his head,
And stubbornly crept into every mad perception,
I can't deny a funny feeling when he said:

Dearly beloved, dearly beloved, dearly beloved,
I can't relate to you, I can't relate to you!

Dearest in memoriam - set phasers to stun
And grab yourself a neighbors' skeleton to lean upon,
Did you know him in life - one filled with regret,
So soon we all forget - we ever met,

Do you know my name - sing a light refrain
For a man estranged - I won't deny that I'm inclined to isolate

Dearly beloved, dearly beloved, dearly beloved,
I can't relate to you, I can't relate to you!
I can't relate to you, I can't relate to you, I can't relate to you!

1 comment:

The1stdaughter said...

So I think, maybe, you need a new job...I might be wrong, but it sounds like there's some differences that can't be resolved. Hehe. At least you know you're moving in the right direction and won't be there forever, thank goodness.