Monday, July 14, 2008

Come to Zion, and leave your garbage

Man, what the hell?
I am currently working at Deseret Industries, at an undisclosed location, and I have found out that people will donate the most interesting things.
Their are two different kinds of donations: first, there are the people that are actually trying to donate something nice to better the lives of somebody in need or less fortunate, second, there are the people that are just trying to get rid of some of their trash.
For example, we had a guy come in the other day with a truck full of garbage bags. In these garbage bags their were tons of clothes. Now, that seems really nice of him to bring in so many clothes. Well, these clothes were all wet from sitting out in the rain from the night before. We told him that we would not be able to take the clothes because of the condition they are in, and his response was: "Just set them out in the sun and let 'em dry, they'll be just fine".
O.K.?
I'm sure people will be lining up to buy some clothing that smells like mildew and the backside of a cat! Oh yeah!
Anyway, if you are ever considering donating something to any thrift store, not just the DI, make it count. Please, for the love.
P.S.
Don't make me physically beat you.

3 comments:

tmg_founder said...

The world is turning... and I don't mean on its axis. It's turning into something told of years ago. The kindness is gone, the compassion is hiding, and being polite is for advantage. I, me, mine - I, me, mine - I, me, mine. A Beatle once sang out. Of course that was many decades ago. Time has brought us to the hilt of the blade. Where to now?

Personally... I'm for everyone carrying they're sidearms again. Some of the nonsense would suddenly stop. But that would be an infringement of other's rights. excuse me while I go and vomit.

Hang in there. It's only a step away to get as cynical as I am. Maybe you're there already!

Robyn said...

I have taught lessons in church on what to donate and how to donate. People seemed to think I was the crazy one. Donate new shoes? Are you kidding? Until you've worn someone else's shoes for more than a day, do you understand the new shoes concept. I am glad you're trying to change the world, one donation at a time, for now.

Brianna said...

Man so typical of people! I love the blog tall kid! I will try to keep up, and not drag to far behind laughing at everything you post. I love it though, it is the truth. People are so dumb in this world, and it seems to be more in the state of Utah, it is that I am a holy person mentality.