Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jaded

In a world so cold, I've come to find myself feeling a little jaded. I try not to consider myself to be a pessimistic, but a realist. Oftentimes I try to look the other way when society gives me the cold shoulder, but, like I said earlier, this has left me feeling jaded.
Sometimes I wonder how numb and cold I am becoming as a person just due to not being able to trust the average person anymore. It seems like everybody these days are trying to use you for their own selfish desires, or they just pretend to be something they're not.
I guess the reason I worry is because I find myself being just a little bit colder to create a barrier for myself against the society in which we live.
We live in such an individualistic society that is driven by green pieces of paper. Some people like to justify their actions in such a cruel world through their intentions. But, we all know that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
(That is what scares me. If that last statement is true, my road must be like the 15 freeway.)

3 comments:

S'mee said...

You know, if you keep this up you are going to have an intervention with Adam. I'm just sayin'. ; )

Robyn said...

Well, may you don't know, but my statement is "I've got a great road to hell going". You're in good compnay. I've never considered putting a bumper sticker on my car except I've always wanted to put this on it:

wealth ≠ intelligence

It has bugged me to death that some people place themselves above others because they have a formal education. Education of any worth comes through experiences.

Robyn said...

oh and I have to say, I love the trailer at the end! ;-D